It’s summer in Southwest Florida. Summer is a popular time for many people to work on garage organization projects. However, residents of Tampa know that July, August, and September are the best months to stay indoors and conserve energy.
But, we must live and continue to do our lives. Garage cabinets of high quality are a great way to organize your garage and make it look beautiful.
Why Garage Organizers Are Important
Are you unsure if you are willing to put in the effort and time to organize your garage? These are just a few of the reasons you might want to reconsider.
- You are having an outdoor party. Florida is your home. It’s likely to rain if your party takes place between May and September. A garage organized can provide you with approximately 400 square feet. If you have a central airfield, you can also hang out in comfort.
- Hailstorms can cause damage to your vehicle. Hailstorms can be caused by powerful thunderstorms in Tampa. Did you know hail can damage a car? Your car should be parked in the garage and not in your driveway. Garage cabinets can be used to store your items off the ground if you don’t have enough space for your car undercover.
- You want your kids to have easy access to their bikes, skateboards, and roller skates. Although you might be able to pinpoint where you have things, you may not be able to allow your eight-year-old to go to the garage to grab his bike helmet in case he is knocked unconscious by a tennis racquet, a garden rake, or a bowling ball.
- You want to get out of your garage before the neighbors awake. Why? Because it’s embarrassing for them to see your messy garage. It would be much simpler and more enjoyable to get it organized.
Garage Cabinet Features You Should Look For
Garage cabinets are a great way to organize your Tampa garage. Wall-mounted garage cabinets are what you need. These allow you to use the floor space for whatever purpose you choose.
Garage Cabinets Should Have The Following Features:
- Cabinets should not be limited to a specific configuration. You will want to use your garage in a particular way. You don’t have to be able to place the cabinets high up or low down (or both), and you can choose from full-length, overhead, hinged, sliding, or no doors.
- You should look for shelves that are strong enough to hold heavy loads. Low-maintenance finishes work well in humid Tampa. You want to be able to clean the shelves and cabinet fronts occasionally without worrying about causing damage to moisture-sensitive wood. You don’t want poor materials to buckle or warp due to high temperatures and high humidity levels.
- It’s not the garage. But organizers should be attractive if you plan to make an investment in them. Do you remember that feeling of shame? It’s time to replace it with pride and joy as you display your gorgeous cabinetry. You should choose cabinets that are in keeping with your taste and preferences, such as a rustic, modern, or sleek look.
- Hidden hinges make it easy to keep your clothes from getting caught in the cabinets. If someone attempts to break into your garage, locking doors will keep your items safe. Stainless steel hardware is resistant to rusting, pitting, and corrosion. These details are important when looking at different garage cabinets.
Garage Organizers To Combine With Your Cabinets
Garage cabinets can help you organize your garage, but they are not the only tool available to you. These are other garage organizers you can use to organize your garage.
- Overhead racks. There are likely items that you don’t use very often in your garage. They could be clothing for children that is ready to be worn or decorations for the holidays. These bins can be kept out of sight and easily accessible by ceiling racks.
- Wall panels. Some items might be better stored in open areas than in cabinets. Gridwall and Slatwall wall panels allow you to attach hooks, bins, and other accessories directly to the wall. These accessories can be used to store your brooms and shovels as well as screws and nails.
- A workbench might be part of your garage cabinet layout. A workbench can be messier than you would like for your dining room table. Your garage workbench is the best place to be if you are working on a project that’s best suited.
- Garage flooring. An epoxy garage floor is not an organizational product. It looks great and prevents staining and pitting. They are stain-resistant and more durable than the concrete floor you have. To save time and hassle, consider getting garage flooring.
You should now be excited about the possibility of getting your garage in shape. You can start by looking at the various garage cabinets that are available. Next, you will need to choose the accessories you want and then go from there. You might be able to have your own garage that you can pull into when the kids go back to school.
This article was written by Jordan Legault, Jordan is the owner of The French Refinery. Founded in 2015, The French Refinery quickly built a name and reputation for high-end cabinetry with quality craftsmanship and attention to fine detail. We strive every day to provide the utmost in customer service because our customers deserve the best we can provide. We have built a hand-picked team of talented craftsmen with over 100 years of combined experience. Building cabinets in Tampa is our craft, we love what we do, and we make it show through in the work we provide on a daily basis.